When communicating with customers, having account and contact information is important. If you have a large amount of contacts and you don’t want to create each entry manually, you can also import them into Lily by uploading a .csv file on the import page. Please keep in mind that the import is not instantaneous. It will continue in the background. You will receive a message when the import starts, and your contacts or accounts will become available as the import continues.
The file must be in .csv format. You can use our templates for importing contacts and accounts, or if you choose you can create your own spreadsheet. Make sure your .csv file meets the following parameters:
- There should be at least one column for the name.
- For accounts (companies or organizations), the header must say company name.
- For contacts (individual people within an account), the header must say first name, last name.
- Optional headers for accounts are: website, email address, phone number, address, postal code, city, twitter. These will all be added to the account description.
- Optional headers for contacts are: email address, phone number, mobile, address, postal code, city, twitter, linkedin, company name. These will be added to the contact description.
- Headers are case sensitive.
How accounts or contacts are merged
When the .csv file is uploaded, duplicate entries are merged. The following rules apply:
- The first name and last name of entry A and entry B must match.
- If entry B has a different email address than entry A, then the entries are not merged.
- If entry B has a different phone number than entry A, then the entries are not merged.
- If entry B has a different physical address than entry A, then the entries are merged.
- If entry B does not have an email address, phone number, or physical address listed, the contacts are merged.
If you have any questions or have feedback, please let us know! Happy importing!